Years of youth are those golden beams of enthusiasm and lighthearted sights, where, among your toddler's maturity their captivating loveliness flowers too. Those scintillating rainbow-like minutes of a child’s life are the enhancing bliss of affection and playfulness which earns to get wrapped into those remarkable photographs for life.
I, as a photographer, have shot many kids whether be it a shy baby or the naughty ones, and as per my experience, children have always been their best at the shoot when certain aspects were been taken care of, on the parent’s side, when preparing for the shoot, such as
- Ensuring your toddler is comfortable in what he or she wears: A happy kid is more important for an excellent photoshoot, than the attire they wear. Wrong clothes and your children hate for them will get reflected in the pics clearly, thereby ruining the photoshoot. Preferring their desired clothes will do a lot better and will make the shoot happy and exciting for your kid. Moreover, costuming your kid according to the weather condition is also necessary otherwise the kids will keep being uncomfortable and irritated the whole time and may also catch the sickness.
- Properly fed and backing up with extra food and water: Belly full child is a happy child and the secret for a pleasant photoshoot. It’s hard to calm the craving or hungry kids and the same happens to the shoot, therefore, it’s very important for the parents to feed their kid before arriving for the shoot and also you must bring some added snacks along with you during the shoot. Water is equally important for keeping the kid hydrated throughout the photoshoot.
- Discussing the shoot with them: Discussing the shoot with your toddler is very important so that they may have a slight idea of what happens at the shoot and how they need to act. Tell them the fun and exciting part of the photoshoot and if your child is a bit mature to understand, then telling them how you expect them to behave will do excellent.
- Making them happy with Gifts and Prize: Gifting them with the things that excite the child’s eye, such as toys, chocolates, ice-cream, balloons can actually improve the natural catches of your kid’s behavior and also the kids remain calm and engaged with these things making it easy for us to shoot.
- Natural smile: Capturing the naturally smiling face is the best kid photoshoot idea. Not forcing them to keep quiet or to laugh will relax them making it comfortable for them to adapt to the atmosphere of the shoot. Even I try to make funny faces to catch all the naturally smiling faces of these kids.
The best advice I can give to all the parents getting ready for an adorable toddler photoshoot is to stay positive and relaxed during the shoot, not every time you need to be picture perfect like heck. We, photographers, capture all the real and natural poses of the kid and their families.