A maternity photoshoot adds hints of creativity and joy to your celebration of being a mom. It is the most crucial part of your whole maternity journey as these canvases will keep spotlighting your beautiful journey of maternity for a lifetime.
In this article, we will direct you towards photo shooting yourself at home with the use of an available camera or smartphone, but as the matter of fact, these photographs will not stand anywhere near the photographs which we achieve with our professional skills and cameras. But, with our tips, we can assure you that you’d be able to capture a bundle of these vibrant memories.
The best time for a maternity photoshoot is when the mommy-to-be is between 28 to 32 weeks as the baby bump is completely round and visible for a lovely photoshoot during this phase.
- Hair-do and Makeup: Hairstyling is a must when it comes to any kind of photoshoot. But, understanding what suits you the most as per your face shape and also your comfort is what makes your looks flawless and excellent. Any hairstyle suits an oval-shaped face, the hairstyles providing a bit of softness or hiding the jawline’s edges is perfect for ladies with beautiful square or rectangle-shaped faces. Neither a very voluminous nor a very sleek hairstyle is better for ladies with round face shapes. Also, as per your wish and comfort, you should decide whether you want to maintain simplicity and a natural look or a much more elegant and formal look and should style the same way. Makeup is another important factor that gives a magnificent shine and looks to your portrait. Therefore, wearing makeup that enhances your skin tone and also takes care of the lighting is very crucial. A home makeup too heavy will not turn that brilliant actually.
- Accessories and Dresses: Go shop for clothes or choose from your closet, according to the way you want the photoshoot to display your maternity style, such as wearing beautiful sarongs and crop tops are best suited for the mothers who want to celebrate their maternity by displaying their lovely baby bump. And for those who don’t want to show their skin, a fitted gown, pencil maternity dress or one-piece will do perfectly as they will display your baby bump curves properly. Balloon dresses or loosely fitted dresses are not recommended as they would just unnecessarily make you look big and won’t let your baby bump shine in the pics you create. Accessories like a beautiful necklace or a pair of shiny earrings can add a spark and glimmer to your shoot.
- Props: Limited peculiar finish produces something extraordinary and unique into maternity portraits, such as mittens you’ve weaved, miniature infant footwear, expecting baby’s arrival, or a comforter quilt from grandparents.
- Pets and Older Children: Being crazed regarding pets, I believe that adding pets in your family images deserves a slight bit of extra effort. Also, if it’s simply for a few catches, take it! Even I love picturing the couples with their pets. Your older children can help shoot your pictures and can be added to your photoshoot to create beautiful family memories forever.
- About the Poses: There is a brilliant and endless range of photoshoot poses best for the lady to try, such as hand brushing the baby bump with care, slight bending of the head towards the feet with a smile on the face, poses with the daddy-to-be, family maternity photos, and many other numerous poses to model this vibrant shoot with a stunning and a gorgeous look.
We do provide our exceptional and unique range of indoor maternity photoshoot services for the maternity couple, as we do care about the safety and comfort of our clients. So, if you want a professional touch and excellently beautiful images, without worrying about the dresses, makeup, and hairdo then book our services, because we even manage the dress, makeup, and hairstyle departments for our clients.